Red Wine Tour (7 days)
£216.00 inc. VAT
The Driving Tour’s Red Wine Tour guide takes you to some of the best wine producing regions in the world with stays in picturesque Cognac, Saint-Émilion, and Logroño all linked together with fabulous roads over stunning cols high in the Pyrenees.
An easy tour and one of our favourites.
The Red Wine Tour booklet is a 68 page document printed in full colour.
Ring binding and protective front and rear covers allow ease of use for the car passenger.
This is a truly epic tour with bags of history and charisma. A must for any automotive adventurer. You’ll need 8 days to complete this self-guided car tour.
The 7 day tour is a loop taking the overnight Portsmouth to Ouistreham (Caen) ferry, driving down through Western France and Bordeaux. Head south east to Andorra then across the Pyrenees high cols east to west before heading into Northern Spain and Roija, then the overnight ferry back to UK from Santander.
The overall route is shown below with all waypoints and points of interest shown. These are all explained in detail in the agenda booklet as the tour unfolds.
- Tour cost is approximately £1,300 per person based on two sharing for both ferry crossings and accommodation in September. Costs will vary with seasonality.
- 7 nights in hotels selected for secure parking, location and star rating (in that order).
- Total journey is approximately 2,645km (1,644miles) following the main route and excluding detours.
- Directions are for general guidance. A map and/or SatNav is definitely required.
- Note that some of the roads on this route may be closed during winter or at time of bad weather. Please check access before travelling.
- This tour is entirely self-booking and self-guiding. We recommend www.booking.com for accommodation and Google maps for navigation.
- The maps shown use various scales. Refer to the driving distances and times provided to plan your day.
- All maps are provided by ©OpenStreetMap contributors.
- Always drive safely and follow local driving laws and regulations.
- Travellers are fully responsible for arranging suitable travel insurance.
Delivery is free of charge to the UK Mainland, and your Tour Book will be delivered to you within 5-10 working days.
Your A4 spiral bound fully colour printed book will arrive in a smart presentation box, also making it a perfect gift should you wish to buy a Tour as a present for someone special.
Extra copies needed?
If you are planning to travel with a group and would like more than one copy of this Tour Guide, once you have purchased one, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a discount code to purchase other copies of the same Tour. Cost per book after initial purchase will be £50. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or for bespoke tours.